Sunday, June 03, 2007

What a Weekend!!!

Can I just tell you what an amazing weekend I had???

It started with my mom & I picking up our dresses from David's Bridal on Friday. While the alterations were horribly wrong to begin with, they fixed them ASAP and were ready to go 2 hours later. My dress is now hanging in the 2nd bedroom ready for the bridal portraits on Wednesday.

Saturday started off with me getting baptized at 10am. AJ, my parents, his parents, Mamaw Shirley, Aunt Patty & Uncle Zach, Aunt Jackie, and Cathy were there. It was a great way to start the big day and I was just so happy.

After that, we went to my Aunt Patty's house for a bridal shower. I was so lucky to have many of my family members be able to attend and it was so fun! It was an Around the Clock shower with the guests bringing a gift appropriate for the time they were given. It was such a neat idea and a good way to get different kinds of presents. Everyone was so creative but with my family, that's a given. :)

Cathy & Jay had us an engagement party at Belle Acres Saturday night and it was awesome. They had pork BBQ, all the fixins, beer, Cuz's wine coolers, a frozen pina colada/margarita machine, a BAND, and the pool was open for business! We had about 100 family members & friends show up!! It started at 4pm and the last guest left around midnight. It was also my 26th birthday yesterday and I think it was the best birthday I have ever had!

I swear... the best part of planning this wedding has been getting to see all of our famly & friends more often. We are so lucky to have you all in our lives and can't wait until July! Once I collect pictures from everyone, I will post the link so you can take a look.

No comments: